I am attempting to generate a diff using rbt diff from a perforce
workspace. I get the same error when I do rbt post.

(Thank you for helping with the previous problem I was having, it appears
to be resolved with RBTools 0.5.6.)

My p4config is as follows:

P4PORT=stork:1666
P4USER=knordstrom
P4CLIENT=knordstrom_passenger

The p4config appears to be setup correctly. I can do p4 diff from the
commandline and generate a diff without errors. Unfortunately, this diff is
not in a format that ReviewBoard understands.

My .reviewboard rc file is as follows (just one line):

REVIEWBOARD_URL = "http://reviewboard/";

I have tried the following on the commandline:

rbt diff -d
rbt diff -d 25012       (the latest changelist number)
rbt post -d
rbt post -d 25012

In all cases I get the same result:

DEBUG:root:Checking for a Subversion repository...
DEBUG:root:Checking for a Git repository...
DEBUG:root:Checking for a Mercurial repository...
DEBUG:root:Checking for a CVS repository...
DEBUG:root:Checking for a Perforce repository...
DEBUG:root:Running: p4 info
DEBUG:root:Checking for a Plastic repository...
DEBUG:root:Checking for a ClearCase repository...
DEBUG:root:Checking for a Bazaar repository...
ERROR:root:The current directory does not contain a checkout from a
supported source code repository.

When I do p4 info it provides relevant information. I'm hesitant to post it
here as it shows company specific information.

Is there something that I need to do in the configuration?

Is this something to do with the way that Perforce works? As far as I can
tell, Perforce works on workspaces (a collection of files that are being
edited) rather than directories. That said, I would have thought that
RBTools could find it via p4 diff, which references p4config.

Ideally, I want to post to reviewboard based on changed files rather than
an already committed changelist, but right now any solution would be
welcome.

Does anyone have an example of how to configure RBTools to work with
Perforce? I have searched all over and have not found any concrete examples.

Thanks,
Karl