admin@remotehost1:~$ export REVIEWBOARD_DB_NAME=review
admin@remotehost1:~$ mysqldump  -u backup -p  --max_allowed_packet=512M
$REVIEWBOARD_DB_NAME > /tmp/reviewboard-`date`.sql
admin@remotehost1:~$ scp /tmp/reviewboard-`date`.sql admin@remotehost2:/tmp/
admin@remotehost1:~$ scp -r /var/www/reviewboard-1.5.2
admin@remotehost2:/var/www/reviewboard-1.7.14

admin@remotehost2:~$ sudo apt-get install mysql-server libmysqlclient-dev
memcached ntpd apache2 libapach2-mod-wsgi libapache2-mod-python
admin@remotehost2:~$ sudo easy_install Reviewboard==1.7.14 Django==1.4.10
python-memcached MySQL-Python
admin@remotehost2:~$ sudo easy_install -m Reviewboard==1.7.14
admin@remotehost2:~$ sudo cp
/var/www/reviewboard-1.7.14/conf/settings_local.py /home/admin
admin@remotehost2:~$ vim /home/admin/settings_local.py (make the mentioned
changes from my thread)
admin@remotehost2:~$ sudo cp /home/admin/settings_local.py
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Reviewboard-1.7.14-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/
admin@remotehost2:~$ mysql -u root -p
mysql> create database review;
mysql> create user 'review'@'localhost' identified by 'password';
mysql> grant all on review.* to 'review'@'localhost';
admin@remotehost2:~$ mysql --max_allowed_packet=128M -u review -p review <
/tmp/reviewboard-`date`.sql
admin@remotehost2:~$ mysql -u root -p review
mysql> show table status
mysql> alter table `table_name` engine='InnoDB'; (there are definitely
faster ways, but I can't spoon feed you everything...)
admin@remotehost2:~$ sudo rb-site --version (confirm you are at 1.7.14)
admin@remotehost2:~$ sudo rb-site upgrade /var/www/reviewboard-1.7.14
For Apache, you will need to add:

    <Location "/review/static">
        SetHandler None
    </Location>

    Alias /review/static
"/var/www/reviewboard-1.7.14/htdocs/static<http://review.company.com/htdocs/static>
"

For lighttpd:

    alias.url = (
        "/review/static" => "/var/www/review.company.com/htdocs/static",
    )

    url.rewrite-once = (
        "^(/review/static/.*)$" => "$1",
    )

Once you have made these changes, type the following
to resolve this:

    $ rb-site manage /var/www/r <http://review.company.com/>eviewboard-1.7.14
resolve-check
static-media

Make the changes...
admin@remotehost2:~$ ln -s /var/www/reviewboard-1.7.14 /var/www/review
admin@remotehost2:~$ rb-site manage /var/www/reviewboard-1.7.14
resolve-check static-media
And for good measure...
admin@remotehost2:~$ rb-site manage /var/www/reviewboard-1.7.14 syncdb

Hope that helps,

KP

On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:11:13 AM UTC-7, Bhaskar Roy wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I did what you said but I am on same page.
>
> Can you please provide the procedure to do migration.
>

> regards
> bahskar
>

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 12:38 AM, Kevin Phillips <
> kevin.grenvi...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Your database dump appears incomplete. Try dumping with
>> --max_allowed_packet=512M (large packet to avoid truncation). Check your
>> 1.5.X db and verify the table exists in production and in the backup. Also
>> verify all your tables are InnoDB instead of MYISAM, you can make manual
>> modification to the table engine without much recourse.
>>
>> Take a look at my thread, I just migrated 1.5.2 to 1.7.14 on the same
>> platform as you.
>>
>> KP
>>

>> On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 2:31:44 AM UTC-7, Bhaskar Roy wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Christian,
>>>
>>> I am trying migration on new server and not in current production box.
>>>
>>> 1. On new server I installed ubuntu 12.04/mysql 5.5/RB 1.7.14
>>> 1. I took backup of SQL and copied to new server and done rb-site