Thanks Christian.  I ran blame to find the commit where this was added, and
commented:

https://github.com/reviewboard/reviewboard/commit/ed3e2a4382aeaf4155dabe67a2d259ca72362096

So I think the drive here was to ensure that the patch filename is
retained, but "attachment" might be more appropriate than "inline" for raw
diff requests.

Thanks
Brett