We use Review Board at work. It is installed on a web server that
is protected by HTTP Basic Authentication.

We haven't been able to use RBTools to interact with it as we
couldn't find the right configuration to pass this authentication
wall.

After looking through the code, I didn't see how it could be
configured at all, and came to the conclusion that this feature
wasn't supported.

I also didn't find an obvious way to modify
ReviewBoardHTTPBasicAuthHandler or ReviewBoardHTTPPasswordMgr to
add that feature.

I resorted to defining a new server option, and passing it
through RBClient, SyncTransport and finally to ReviewBoardServer,
where it is used to define a new urllib2.HTTPBasicAuthHandler
which gets added to the list of handlers.
You can see the diff at
https://github.com/pmariani/rbtools/compare/basic-auth-hack

It's hacky but good enough for my use case.  However, I would
rather not maintain a fork and would like to be able to push
similar changes back to the main RBTools repo.

Can someone confirm that HTTP Basic Authentication isn't currently supported
 in RBTools?

Are there design resources that would let me adapt my hack to
something acceptable by the project?

Thank you