Christian,

Thank you for your response. I understand that this is a very rare use case.

You are correct, I don't need to create a new password manager. I modified
the code to use the existing ReviewBoardHTTPPasswordMgr.

Relevant code is now:

  # Set up the HTTP libraries to support all of the features we need.
        password_mgr = ReviewBoardHTTPPasswordMgr(self.url,
                                                  username,
                                                  password,
                                                  auth_callback,
                                                  otp_token_callback)
   #### new
        if http_basic_auth:
            http_basic_auth_list = json_loads(http_basic_auth)
            for auth_data in http_basic_auth_list:
                password_mgr.add_password(auth_data['realm'],
                                          self.url,
                                          auth_data['username'],
                                          auth_data['password'])
   ##### done

        self.preset_auth_handler = PresetHTTPAuthHandler(self.url,
                                                         password_mgr)

        handlers = []