I've done some research but I've not found any help with my particular
scenario where I am need to move the RB instance from one server to another
and upgrade it at the same time.
I have successfully been able to create a RB2 instance on the new server,
configure a repository and post a review as a test to check the new server
was set-up correctly.
So given I have a host with a working RB2 installation I think the
procedure I need to follow would be something like:
1. Stop the apache2 server on the new server
2. Copy the /var/www/rbsite folder from the old server to the new server
that has RB 2.0 install
(Concerned some versions of the support software will not match)
3. Back up the DB from MySQL from the old server, copy it to the new
server and recreate the database on the new server
4. Run "rb-site upgrade /var/www/rbsite" on the new server.
(The aim here is the upgrade the database)
5. Restart the apache2 server
6. Fire up the browser and see if RB is taking a nap?
I will give this a try and report back but if anyone has any suggestions on the
procedure or and experience in this i would really appreciate your views.
Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.