If the last API request was to fetch the commits list, then it's not even
trying to send the patch to the server. Trying to set up a repro case with
your particular files won't help because it's a problem in the javascript
before it ever actually deals with the file. Are you sure there are no
errors in firebug? Try opening the panel before doing anything on the page.

-David