On Tue, 2014-10-28 at 19:51 -0400, Alfred von Campe wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2014, at 15:15, Stephen Gallagher <step...@gallagherhome.com>
> wrote:
>
> > No progress has been made on that, I'm afraid. It's a bigger undertaking
> > than it seems and I've frankly been swamped with other work
> > (particularly the Fedora 21 release). I'd love to have someone help with
> > this…
>
> I don’t know what kind of help you would need and if I could be of any
> assistance, but maybe if you send a plea to this list with specific items
> you need help with, you may get some volunteers.

I need to make up a list, but the short version is that I need someone
with RPM packaging experience to help me package up newer versions of
some Python packages than are available in RHEL 6.

> > Of course, if you have a RHEL subscription, you have access to RHEL 7 as
> > well; perhaps you could just start up a RHEL 7 VM?
>
> I actually use CentOS and am not ready to move to CentOS 7 yet as some of
> our applications don’t work o it.  However, I could ask our IT department
> if they can provide a RHEL 7 VM dedicated to ReviewBoard.
>
> > There's also the Review Board Docker image[1] that should run on Docker
> > in RHEL 6.
>
> Hmm, that’s an interesting option.  I’ve read a little about Docker but
> have not used it.  I was under the impression that you have to run the
> same OS version on the host and the Docker images, but maybe that’s not
> the case.

No, you can run any Linux user-space inside the container. The only
caveat is that you're still running the host OS's *kernel*.
(Fortunately, Review Board and its dependencies do not depend on any
particular kernel features).