Re how installed: in short, incorrectly.  Sysadmin did a naïve google for
pysvn, and installed a GitHub project called pysvn.  These things happen.

So, using the URLs in the RB install docs, I pointed him at some potential
RPMs that might help.  No joy there.  The thing is, the OS is RHEL 6, with
Python 2.7 ultimately connecting to an SVN 1.6.11 instance.  Changing any
of those versions was pretty much a dealbreaker.

Luckily, after a big of digging, we wound up finding the tar.gz for
pysvn-1.7.7, whose INSTALL.html seemed to indicate is the last version to
work with SVN 1.6.  (Maybe later versions still work, but we did not try
them.)  Following the build instructions in that tarball got pysvn onto the
machine... correctly.

I was then able to remove the old repo entry from RB, recreated it with the
https://... url to our svn, put the dir to the interesting project in the
"mirror path", and...  looks like it's working now!

Able to start reviews from SVN commits and everything.  w00t.

Thanks again for the tip David.  Would have taken me forever to figure out
to try that!

-Colin