Thanks for the quick response and suggestions Christian.

One thing I want to point out is that Review Board expects the root of a
> SVN repository for the path, rather than a subdirectory within. I'm not
> sure whether the "/reponame" part is its own standalone SVN repository, or
> a subdirectory within. If the latter, try changing to
> https://svn.mycompany.com/

Understood. /reponame is the name of the repo and reflects the root
directory.

Now, that said, the HTTP 500 you hit shouldn't have happened, and that
> "Unable to connect" error seems suspicious, given your other tests.

In case you're interested here's the error that traced out in the Review
Board logs when that 500 error was thrown. Again, this isn't happening
since I manually fetched the cert.
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/core/handlers/base.py", line 112, in get_response
    response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/contrib/admin/options.py", line 465, in wrapper
    return self.admin_site.admin_view(view)(*args, **kwargs)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py", line 99, in _wrapped_view
    response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/views/decorators/cache.py", line 52, in _wrapped_view_func
    response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/contrib/admin/sites.py", line 198, in inner
    return view(request, *args, **kwargs)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py", line 29, in _wrapper
    return bound_func(*args, **kwargs)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py", line 99, in _wrapped_view
    response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py", line 25, in bound_func
    return func(self, *args2, **kwargs2)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/db/transaction.py", line 371, in inner
    return func(*args, **kwargs)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/contrib/admin/options.py", line 1244, in change_view
    if form.is_valid():

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ReviewBoard-2.5.
2-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/scmtools/forms.py", line 1132, in is_valid
    if not super(RepositoryForm, self).is_valid():

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/forms/forms.py", line 129, in is_valid
    return self.is_bound and not bool(self.errors)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/forms/forms.py", line 121, in errors
    self.full_clean()

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ReviewBoard-2.5.
2-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/scmtools/forms.py", line 914, in full_clean
    super(RepositoryForm, self).full_clean()

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/forms/forms.py", line 274, in full_clean
    self._clean_form()

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Django-1.6.11-
py2.7.egg/django/forms/forms.py", line 300, in _clean_form
    self.cleaned_data = self.clean()

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ReviewBoard-2.5.
2-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/scmtools/forms.py", line 963, in clean
    self._verify_repository_path()

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ReviewBoard-2.5.
2-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/scmtools/forms.py", line 1304, in
_verify_repository_path
    certificate=e.certificate)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ReviewBoard-2.5.
2-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/scmtools/svn/__init__.py", line 434, in
accept_certificate
    return client.accept_ssl_certificate(path)

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ReviewBoard-2.5.
2-py2.7.egg/reviewboard/scmtools/svn/subvertpy.py", line 194, in
accept_ssl_certificate
    info = client.info(path)

OSError: [Errno 2] Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://svn.
mycompany.com/repo <https://svn2.karmaninteractive.com/repos/klib_unity>name
'

 We've seen people hit strange issues with Subvertpy in the past. From our
> experience, PySVN works a lot better in some installs. I know you just
> dealt with the pain of getting Subvertpy installed, but could you try PySVN
> as well?

No problem. I was only pushing to get Subvertpy working because the
installation instructions came off like it was the favoured option.

On Amazon Linux, you should be able to just do:

>     sudo yum install pysvn

So, apparently I had pysvn installed the whole time! Just in case that was
the issue I tried uninstalling it. Unfortunately, I was getting the same
error that I reported with the "Unable to connect to repository.

Then I removed subverpy using pip and re-installed pysvn using yum. That
installed v1.7.6 of pysvn. I also restarted Apache.
Now when I try to add the repo I get an error saying the Review Board is
still looking for subvertpy. Is there maybe a file that was left behind by
the subvertpy installation which is causing Review Board to think it's
still present? If not is there a way to configure the python binding that
Review Board is pointing too?
The Python module "subvertpy" is not installed. You may need to restart the
server after installing it.

I also found a debug flag in the Review Board conf/settings_local.py file
and set it to True in case it manages to reveal more info in the logs as we
work through this.

Thanks again. Really appreciate the help.