It worked!

Thanks for your help Christian. You were a huge help!
Building PySVN by your instructions was not nearly as difficult as the docs
made the process out to be.

One small note for anyone going through this process. In addition to
Christian's instructions I also had to install the gcc-c++ package before
trying to build pysvn.
sudo yum install gcc-c++

Thanks again for your help. Now to start reviewing some code reviews :)