Barret,

Quote from AWS Support Answer:

"So for example, if you're using a verified address as your FROM address,
but using a non verified address as your return path, SES will fail to send
the message with a "Email address not verified" message. This is kind of
what is happening in the example you've provided. SES is checking the FROM,
Sender and Reply-To addresses here and seeing that only one is verified. In
this case, you will need to have both Tiger.peng@[XXXXX].com
<tiger.p...@harman.com> and noreply.reviewboard@[maydomain].net
<noreply.reviewbo...@ahanet.net> verified before you can send this message
through SES"

It looks like we cannot send email "on behalf of" someone, who is not
verified,  through SES. It is different from the
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13699933/how-can-i-use-my-users-non-verified-addresses-as-senders-with-amazon-ses,

which may be out of dated.

Tiger,