Csaba Ringhofer has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24590 )

Change subject: IMPALA-9821: Change DataSketches functions to return BINARY
......................................................................


Patch Set 12: Code-Review+1

(1 comment)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24590/6/testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/datasketches-hll-hive-orc.test
File 
testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/datasketches-hll-hive-orc.test:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24590/6/testdata/workloads/functional-query/queries/QueryTest/datasketches-hll-hive-orc.test@16
PS6, Line 16:
> Step 1 without [this](https://github.com/apache/Impala/blob/master/be/src/e
At this point I think this conversation gives more then enough info for someone 
who would like to dig this up :)

With "an ORC BINARY column as STRING" one can deduce that this is not the exact 
setup, I am ok with this state after the trailing whitespace is fixed.

>And I think I understand your concern from IMPALA-9482's author pov :)

I was also around 6 years ago when Gabor created IMPALA-9821 :)



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24590
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: Id4a6b54089dd356e37257bc24adeb1eb98e82c25
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24590
Gerrit-PatchSet: 12
Gerrit-Owner: Mihaly Szjatinya <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Csaba Ringhofer <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Mihaly Szjatinya <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Peter Rozsa <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Zoltan Borok-Nagy <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2026 16:52:08 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to