manirajv06 commented on PR #1043:
URL: https://github.com/apache/yunikorn-k8shim/pull/1043#issuecomment-5103459006

   > I've found it extremely useful - critical bugs were caught and were proven 
by generated unit tests. 
   
   I agree with the first part to larger extent and really found it very 
useful. It help us lot. But not completely happy with the generated unit tests 
always. Few examples are https://github.com/apache/yunikorn-core/pull/1108 and 
https://github.com/apache/yunikorn-core/pull/1107. 
   
   Yes, AI tooling definitely helps us and may mature overtime for sure but 
requires a manual assessment on the suggestions, reviews etc to take up further 
human conversation over the PR in a concise manner for now.
   
   > I didn't see the point of writing it manually - a nice list is already 
there. Your tests doesn't have to match that exactly.
   
   Yes, I do agree. Just that it is consuming good amount of time to go over 
the heaps of code changes to decide what to choose and what not to choose.
   
   > Both suggestions make perfect sense to me: CycleState deletion is best 
done in `updatePod()` so we don't need write locks in `IsPodFitNode()`. You can 
absolutely treat those as something that came directly from me (and it did - it 
was tooling usage under my supervision). If you disagree that's fine - but if 
there ever was a discussion, I did not see that.
   
   Please see 
https://github.com/apache/yunikorn-k8shim/pull/1043#discussion_r3658637383.
   
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to