Eddy Young wrote:

However, as strange as this may sound, I think its Belgian origins also have something to do with its lack of popularity. I think that the IT industry in the US is driven by hype, and since most of it originates from the US, a Belgian web framework does not get to be in the spotlight.

This is certainly something I wondered about.

2. How long do you think it would take a reasonably experienced Java developer, who has worked mainly with the Struts/Spring/Hibernate approach to web apps, to get comfortable and productive with RIFE's very different way of thinking/working?

One day, if you use all the resources available (wiki, mailing list, IRC) to find the answers quickly.

That's encouraging!

Thanks for your input.

John