My simple solution is that on cuts that are day and time specific, we dont'
use day parting, we set a cut start and cut end date and time. (ex Monday
October 17 0600 to Tuesday October 18 1800)

If it's a cut that isn't day specfic but time specific like the sponsored
intro for a weather forecast, we daypart and it would be nice to allow
dayparts to cross midnight in that case, we have 3 weather intros, one from
0600 to 1200, another from 1200 to 1800 and the last from 1800 to 0600.

We have yet to use the weekday parting part of the cut editing window. In
any cases we have where a specific cut has to air on a specific day of the
week, we end up having to use different cart #s anyway for billing
purposes.

Just my $0.02 (adjusted for inflation) from our little commercial operation

Matthew A. Chambers, NR0Q

President, Wright County Outlaws ARC