Further clarification on this.  After additional experimenting, the
dayparting dialog will successfully accept 00:00:00 (Midnight) as the
start time, but will not accept that as the end time.  So to get a cart
to play in the non-safe-harbor hours, requires 2 cuts, one dayparted
from 22:00:00 until 23:59:59, and a second cut from 00:00:00 to
06:00:00.

  With those parameters, cuts play just as Wayne and Geoff describe.
It's amazing how it does pick the actively dayparted cut when that cart
is scheduled between 10:00pm and 6:00am.  I was afraid it would randomly
pick cuts based on the weight assigned and perhaps pick one that was
outside the active time period, but it chooses whichever one is okay to
play for the time period in question.  However, I did not experiment
with weights other than 1--but cannot imagine and instance where anyone
would use something other than 1.

  Nevertheless, I still agree with Cowboy that 22:00 to 06:00 should be
a workable single dayparting entry since we are faced with the FCC's
separation of the day into the 2 divisions.  It will be a lot of work to
copy cuts and daypart each separately, instead of just setting one time
period for non-safe-harbor hours (which crosses Midnight) with a single
entry for a single cut cart.

--Chuck W.