Well, mistakes happen to everyone, but I would argue that the fewer
steps necessary in doing anything, the less likely it is for mistakes to
occur, and all the less labor necessary in an industry that clearly
cannot generally afford to hire help at living wages anymore.  Creating
2 cuts and dayparting them differently is significantly more steps
subject to error than just dayparting a cart with a single cut
specifying an overnight interval that crosses midnight.

  Let the occasional careless worker explain himself if he errs; it is
just as likely that he would use 00:00:00 to define midnight as the end
time, thereby invalidating cart play between 10:00pm and midnight,
instead of remembering that the only valid entry for a midnight ending
is 23:59:59.  I would have made that mistake myself had I not
experimented first.

  One bone I have always picked with software makers since computers
have become desktop pervasive, is that every field of entry ought to
have the valid units of entry specified (e.g. how many decimals deep can
I go?) along with the upper and lower limits of acceptable values
defined for all users to see.  Having to guess, causes mistakes and lots
of wasted time experimenting to find out.  The only time I ever saw
enough of that kind of documentation was in the early desktop software
that came out of Xerox--their Ventura Publisher was one.

--Chuck W.