For me the big question with having the over-12am daypart to work
without creating 2 cuts is the question of what happens if you are
dayparting a cut to specific days of the week, and how that would change
the current operation of the software.

Let's say that I have Cut A, and I want it to only be able to play on
the Monday night - Tuesday morning  from 11 pm to 5 am daypart, and then
Thursday night / Friday morning 11 pm to 5 am daypart.  The rest of the
week I do not want it to play at all.

With the current setup, I create 4 identical cuts, one is dayparted to
Monday 11 pm to 11:59.59 pm, another Tuesday 12:00 am to 5:00 am, the
third Thursday 11:00 pm to 11:59.59 pm, and the 4th to be Friday 12:00
am to 5:00 am.  This makes perfect sense to me, accurately defines when
I want and don't want the cut to play.

However If the overnight at midnight is assumed to be recognized, then I
would need to create 2 cuts from  11 pm to 5 am daypart, and the Mondays
and Thursdays.

If the logic is changed what  happens then if it happens ends up getting
scheduled on Monday morning at 3 am?  Under the current setup it would
see Monday and 3 am, that would be okay, and it would not play since
Monday is 11 pm to 11:59.

Under the idea of spanning over midnight it might see "Monday" selected
and "11 pm to 5 am", and still allow that cut to play at Monday at 3 am
(where the meaning behind this daypart really is supposed to span the
midnight of Monday to Tuesday)

I don't mean to be critical of the idea, but I could see changing the
logic at this point has the potential to break some of the dayparting
and rules that people might already be running with.

Lorne Tyndale