On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM, david <gn...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

> I sometimes use the event editor. I never use the matrix editor. I think
> RG could profitably get rid of the matrix editor. ;-)

As far as MIDI composing goes, the matrix editor is the single most
important feature. Notation can be done with Lilypond, but you can't
feasibly edit complex pieces of music without the matrix editor.
Rosegarden is especially well-suited for composing orchestral music
and this would be quite impossible without the matrix editor.

I think the feature set for Rosegarden is quite comprehensive, it just
needs some tweaks and enhancements to make it even better (like the
Continuous Controller rulers, they are usable but could be better).

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
it would overturn the world."