On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:36:26 -0400
John <wildber...@cogeco.ca> wrote:

> I still use Linux for the mental challenges it provides me, but for programs
> that I need for my personal use, I prefer to pay in real money and not by
> time spent to make programs work.
> I have reached the point in life where I become immune to the accusation of
> being to lazy to learn how to make programs to work.  I rather prefer to
> spend my time to smell the roses.
>
> John

Well, I totally disagree with this. My DAW was installed about 4 years ago,
apart from the occasional security update it has remained unchanged. Although,
yes, I occasionally update Rosegarden from SVN and also Yoshimi, neither of
which it particularly difficult.

My office machine was installed even earlier, and the only reason I
re-installed the OS was because I'd tried playing silly buggers with it,
knowing full well the risks. So it was no loss, because it is now running
debian wheezy very happily.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk