> I prefer to pay in real money
>and not by time spent to make programs work.

This is your decision but do not forget that freedom comes at a price. It can
be paid by actively coding (whole apps or just patches), or by investing some
time for making things work, or many other ways. You may choose not to pay this
price or think that you cannot afford it. But please, oh please refrain from
blaming developers for it. Developers work to the best of their abilities
without usually being paid at all and when their efforts fall short in some
fronts against some major companies' products, they are the ones to pay yet
another price by answering endless unfair accusations of the "community".

Yes, for the present we may spend our resources as we like. But, if we don't do
it carefully, who can guarantee that our digital life won't be governed by
corporate entities in the future?

That is the real bleak future.

By the way, I enjoy using Gnome 3 more than anything I tried since Win95.

Ahmet