On 08/29/2012 08:06 PM, jimmy wrote:
> Rosegarden, Lilypond probably can't be compare to the well polished
> professional apps out there.
The hell of it is that I was at a point a few years ago when I was more
than willing to shell out some cash for Finale or Sibelius or something,
something professional, something real.  I did some experiments with
Rosegarden vs. Everything Else, including MusE Score and a few other
random things.

What sucks is that Rosegarden won hands down for taking some random MIDI
file and generating something approaching usable notation from it.
Hands down.  None of the rest of them could remotely compare, and they
all made a complete ruin of my test.

If it hadn't been for that, I'd have been free of this thing years ago.
Unfortunately, that's something I actually do (or did, when I still had
free time for music) with considerable frequency, and something
Rosegarden does particularly well.

It sucks.  Continuing to slog it out with this thing really isn't all
that pointless, it turns out.
--
D. Michael McIntyre