--- On Thu, 8/30/12, Chris Cannam <can...@all-day-breakfast.com> wrote:

> From: Chris Cannam <can...@all-day-breakfast.com>
> Subject: Re: [Rosegarden-user] The future of Linux sure looks bleak...
> To: "jimmy" <wg20...@yahoo.com>
> Cc: rosegarden-user@lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 1:53 PM
> On 30 August 2012 18:47, jimmy <wg20...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > But the ignorant people always think because they pay
> for something they must have something worth-while,
> especially the more expensive stuff.  But hey, its
> their money.  There's one born every minute.
>
> Nope, that's not right. There are perfectly sound (economic)
> reasons
> why paying for software should often get you software that
> works
> better for your needs. John is quite right.

Sure there are always things that make economical sense.  Too bad, I ran into
too many woo's and wow's of the "self proclaim ads", and "fake reviews" about
software applications, and OS's.  All B.S.!!!

Software and even some hardware patents are now economic weapons.  Same as
patents used in pharma industry, and genetically modified seeds in farming.

Talking about economic sense, economic development strategies are a a big
farce, too.  The burst of the dot-com bubble cause economy to slow down, so
they lowered interest rates to encourage borrowing, leading to real-estate
bubble, so they fake a recovery with trillions of dollars propping up the
failed banks.  Mean while the people are facing horrendous fees and interest
rates by credit cards, being entices into buying on credits.  Spend, spend
money you don't have to help propping up the economy.

Look at what Oracle was trying to do with various Open Source projects after
they took over Sun.  They tried to butcher, or screw up those projects big
time.  Many software companies have done similar things to try to snuff out the
competition including buying out competing products, or companies and then
shelved those projects or products.  I don't care to deal with those people.
That's why I prefer Open Source, forking is always a viable option here, not so
for proprietary software.

Jimmy