>> So I think I change my vote to hertz, although for those who might have
>> forgotten what hertz is, perhaps just "cycles per second".
>
> That makes sense.

If there isn't a more compelling argument one way or the other, "Hertz"
is a great choice for the translators as opposed to "cycles per quarter
note" or something else that's long-winded and technical.

Spanish:  Hertz.  French:  Hertz.  German:  Hertz.  Lower Slobobian:
Hertz.  I can do this all day.  Do you know how to say Hertz in Ancient
Lower High Mongolian?  Hertz!

--
D. Michael McIntyre