On 04/26/2014 06:23 AM, chuck elliot wrote:

> I have found that the reverb on my Korg M3 is
> controlled by the "Chorus" control in RG and not
> by the "Reverb" 'knob'.
> Is there a way I can correct this?

In general you want to play with Studio -> Manage MIDI Devices... and go
make manual edits to the controller setup.  In this specific case,
however, I went and grabbed the manuals for this beast and 20 minutes
later I'm scratching my head.  The words "reverb" and "chorus" don't
even appear in the manual anywhere, and it appears to be a very unique
and massively non-standard piece of kit where every single factory
program might use different controllers for different purposes.

Rosegarden is not well suited to control such a beast, having been
designed with General MIDI in mind.  It isn't that Rosegarden is only
suitable for GM, but GM is the model we had in mind when we designed it,
and anything that is massively non-GM just doesn't fit the model very
efficiently, and falls into a big gray area.

I don't know what I could manage to do with it if I had one.  I'm sure I
could figure something out somehow.  It's much too complicated a thing
for me to figure out without access to and experience with the actual
hardware though.
--
D. Michael McIntyre