On 15/08/2016 06:55, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On 08/14/2016 09:09 PM, r...@hydrophones.com wrote:
>
>> Try Cinelerra (https://cinelerra-cv.org/) it may be the middle ground you
>> are looking for.
>
> Tried it.  OpenShot, Kdenlive, Pitivi, Blender, and finally Lightworks.
> With the latter two, I'm not sure if they can do the job but I am sure I
> can't use them to get the job done.  Lightworks on Linux isn't remotely
> stable anyway.

Once upon a time I really got into cinelerra, then it got harder and
harder to compile it as well as to import/export so I moved to kdenlive
(with a bit of Openshot here and there). The nice thing about kdelive is
that it seems to 'just' work (the drawback is that you need to install
half of KDE and that sucks if it's not your DE).
I tend to prefer video editors with tracks, maybe because I'm more used
to music software. Recently I tried Shotcut, and it looks like a good
compromise between simple interface and controls, decent presets and
usability.

One last note, on Linux I think if you want to do video editing it's
good to always have an ffmpeg installation around for conversion etc. ;)

My two cents.
Lorenzo