On 04/17/2018 04:53 AM, david wrote:
When I start it from a terminal, I get this:
free(): invalid pointer

There are only 10 calls to free() in rg. The ones in JackDriver are the only ones that look like they might actually get called at startup. And per the JACK API docs, it appears that we shouldn't be calling free(), we should be calling jack_free() here. That's a fair amount of evidence pointing to a very specific problem.

Digging around indicates that even if you could run a debug build, you would get no helpful debug output if free() is actually crashing rg. JackDriver uses something called Audit which performs delayed logging. This means in the event of a crash, absolutely no logging occurs. Seems like a bit of a problem.

I'm going to switch to jack_free() and see if that still works fine for me. If so, then we should probably figure out a way to get you compiling from source so that you can get more details when things go wrong.

I think I'll also try and force free() to fail (with a bogus pointer) and see if the debug logging is lost as I suspect. If so, I'll get rid of Audit and go direct to RG_DEBUG.

Ted.