On April 17, 2018 3:54:54 PM HST, Ted Felix <t...@tedfelix.com> wrote:
> On 04/17/2018 04:53 AM, david wrote:
> > When I start it from a terminal, I get this:
> > free(): invalid pointer
>
>  There are only 10 calls to free() in rg.  The ones in JackDriver are
> the only ones that look like they might actually get called at
> startup.
> And per the JACK API docs, it appears that we shouldn't be calling
> free(), we should be calling jack_free() here.  That's a fair amount
> of
> evidence pointing to a very specific problem.
>
>    Digging around indicates that even if you could run a debug build,
> you would get no helpful debug output if free() is actually crashing
> rg.
> JackDriver uses something called Audit which performs delayed logging.
>
>   This means in the event of a crash, absolutely no logging occurs.
> Seems like a bit of a problem.
>
>   I'm going to switch to jack_free() and see if that still works fine
> for me.  If so, then we should probably figure out a way to get you
> compiling from source so that you can get more details when things go
> wrong.
>
> I think I'll also try and force free() to fail (with a bogus pointer)
> and see if the debug logging is lost as I suspect.  If so, I'll get
> rid
> of Audit and go direct to RG_DEBUG.
>
> Ted.

Thanks. Keep me posted. RG on my laptop works, RG on desktop is the broken one.
Same RG version on both.

Laptop has jackd2 1.19.12 from KXstudio.

Desktop has jackd2 1.19.12 from Xenial.

Would be quite happy to compile from source.

--
David W. Jones
gn...@hawaii.rr.com

Sent from my Android device with F/LOSS K-9 Mail.