On 28/02/19 01:06, rhkra...@gmail.com wrote:
On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 06:03:59 PM D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
Open   - opens a native file

Ok

Import - opens a non-native file

I don't like this -- the word import is not sufficiently intuitive for the
behavior -- if that has to stick (I'm not sure it does), then there should be
a warning dialog following selection of import, something like "this will wipe
out any existing music / information in the Rosegarden buffer"

Honestly I'm not sure what the fuss is about... If I try to an "Import" with a non-saved file open Rosegarden *does* warn me: "The current file has been modified. Do you want to save it?" which I think is pretty standard behaviour. This is the same exact behaviour as trying to "Open" a file while there is an unsaved one.

I understand the OPs frustration about losing unsaved work. This kind of erro happens all the time and has happened to me many times in my 'digital life' (including losing data because I erroneously deleted un-backed-up files), but honestly blaming Rosegarden for this seems a little unfair ;)

My two cents.
Lorenzo.