On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 22:10:20 -0400
Ted Felix <t...@tedfelix.com> wrote:

> On 8/1/19 7:28 PM, krsg...@trixtar.org wrote:
> > When I launch the mixer with no file loaded into RG the channels or tracks
> > are numbered but these number are very tiny (almost unreadable),
>
> The size is set in the code in AudioStrip.cpp, line 72.  Right now
> it's 6 point, and that's pretty tiny alright.
>
> > and they vanish altogether as soon as a file gets loaded
>
> The .rg file?  That sounds like something is odd in the file.

I have about 400 .rg files covering 40 songs and I could be mistaken but all of
them behave this way. Another thing that applies to all of them is that they've
evolved with versions of RG going back a good decade! (i keep working on them
when i have time, finaklizing about 1 song per year :-(

> What's being displayed is the name of the Instrument which you can
> set by selecting the track in the main window and then pressing the
> microscopic button to the left of the name in the "Instrument
> Parameters" box.  If you just want the numbers, 1-16, you can put those
> in there.  Though that might look strange in other parts of the UI.
> Maybe A1, A2, etc....

I'll try this tonite, not on my musicbox right now, could be a workaround as
all I really need are the numbers to know which is who sotospeak

> > Is this a bug, is it known, any fixes?
>
> This is working as designed for the most part.
>
> I suspect that we should probably go ahead and make the audio mixer a
> bit bigger to fill some sort of standard minimum monitor size.  Then we
> should be able to go with a slightly large point size for all the controls.
>
> Ted.

The mixer itself is OK! Realestate goes by like nothing when you have 28
tracks. One thing that might help is to show only the tracks actually used in
the piece. This would also reduce the midi mixer footprint and might even solve
the subject problem. But I'm no programmer so don't hold it against me if I
destroy the case for artificial stupidity :-)

With a little sidebar on the questuion of font sizes, RG is not by any stretch
of the imagination the only app in this situation. I always figured that font
size in 'prefeences' shuld be handled on the user end as a % of monitor size,
the points themselves being totally transparent, which would need a discrete
interfcae (my 2 cents).