I like option 1 best.  If the stem was bent differently then it could look
like clef, which would then suggest music.

Stay safe, and best regards,

Rich

> On 5/22/20 3:02 PM, Ted Felix wrote:
>> Just posted some new ideas for the rosegarden app icon on the wiki.
Head over to the logo page and have a look at the pdf at the top.
Then let me know what you think.  We can discuss here on the list or
send me an email directly if you prefer a silent ballot.

>>   https://www.rosegardenmusic.com/wiki/rosegarden_logo
>>
>> Ted.
>
> Thanks for sharing!
>
> Opinions by option number:
>
>  1. I like this. Clearly a rose, with the stem curling around. Doesn't
>     say anything about music, though. I like #5 better.
>  2. Looks OK. The square frame looks like a frame rather than a rose
>     stem, if it's intended to look like a rose stem.
>  3. Looks like 3 tulips to me, not roses. So far, I prefer the
>     single-rose designs. With or without a solid background.
>  4. NO, just no. Not roses, looks like bars or some completely-different
>     flower.
>  5. Interesting! Kind of an abstracted or deconstructed rose that I
>     recognized right off. Adding the piano keys shows that it's a music
program. I like this one best so far.
>  6. NO, no, no. Yuck. Not even close to a rose, nothing about music in
it. 7. Abstracted geometric rose that seems to me to be more of a Star
of
>     David. Doesn't say "rose" or Rosegarden to me.
>  8. Even more abstracted "rose" that doesn't communicate rose,
>     Rosegarden, or music to me.
>  9. Cute, but just, no. A couple of rosebuds, has music notes, but the
>     music notes don't look particularly good to me.
>
> I like #5 so much I just might screen grab it and use it for my
> Rosegarden icon here. Are the source files (preferably SVG) available?
>
> PS: You're the first person I've ever met that uses Ubuntu's desktop,
particularly the Gnome3 version. ;)