Tue, 16 May 2023 09:38:18 +0100
chuck elliot <c.ell...@pobox.com> :

> I have experienced similar phenomena using external/physical synths while
>
> Qsynth was also running. Even though the Qsynth midi output port was not
> mapped to any
>
> midi playback device or instrument within MIDI Device Manager in RG,
> Qsynth was playing notes from tracks that were mapped
>
> to my external synths. That struck me as anomalous behaviour but at the
> time I just got round it by
>
> turning the Qsynth volume down. Is it possibly to do with Jack settings
> within RG/Qsynth where Jack is

I disable all automatic connections that I could find
and then connected all the synths I use to rosegarden.
This resulted in no sound at all, so next I also
connected them to system and that seems to have fixed
the problem (UFN).

Readable Hydrogen, qSynth & Yoshimi are all connected
to Writable rosegarden & system

Readable rosegarden is connected to Writable system

Readable system is not connected

I have no idea what other connections might have been
made automatically under the suspected prefs actions.

Thanks!