Hi David,

> > https://marutan.net/rpcemu/linuxcompile.html has a note at the start
> > about Ubuntu 16.10 needing CFLAGS=-no-pie.  I suspect this may now be
> > true of Debian also.  So try that, going back to the configure stage.
>
> Went to the website suggested and did as suggested (CFLAGS=-no-pie
> ./configure --enable-dynarec --enable-debug) and got a response
> too many arguments
> but unfortunately did not save the output.

That response doesn't make a lot of sense, unless you're using some
weird shell.  Does `echo $BASH_VERSION' display a useful
version-number-ish value?

> I then tried without the configuration options (i.e. just the
> CFLAGS=-no-pie)

That would just set a variable in your shell.  Not an error, but no
desired effect.

> I then started again and got the following output
>
> zed@zed-pc:~$ cd /home/zed/rpcemu-0.8.15
> zed@zed-pc:~/rpcemu-0.8.15$ CFLAGS=-no-pie ./configure --enable-dynarec
> --enable-debug
> bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

Yes, start again.  You said at
http://www.riscos.info/pipermail/rpcemu/2017-August/002526.html that you
configured it just fine.  You need to repeat that, but with
`CFLAGS=-no-pie' as a word before the ./configure.

When you're entering `./configure' you are asking to run the file
configure in the current directory, `.'.  So a plain `ls' should show
the current directory's contents, including configure.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy