Hi David,
> > > zed@zed-pc:~$ cd /home/zed/rpcemu-0.8.15/src CFLAGS=-no-pie
> > > ./configure --enable-dynarec
> >
> > You've glued two separate commands together here.
> >
> > First do this: cd /home/zed/rpcemu-0.8.15/src
> >
> > Then do this: CFLAGS=-no-pie ./configure --enable-dynarec
>
> Thanks for your response.  By now my email of 13 August will have reached
> the rpcemu mailing list and you will see that David Pitt's suggestion
> worked.

Yes, but we're trying to explain what you did wrong so you know for next
time.  Especially as you didn't merge the two commands when you
initially successfully got it to configure before asking the list for
help so it seems odd to merge them afterwards.

You were doing the equivalent of

    *Dir $.home.zed.rpcemu-0.8.15.src
    *Run configure

as

    *Dir $.home.zed.rpcemu-0.8.15.src Run configure

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy