Short version:   One of the most important benefits of the "LISP"
                 architecture (or any other CES architecture) is that
                 it does *not* involve hosts using "Locator /
                 Identifier Separation".

                 I suggest renaming the "LISP" architecture - to
                 avoid the confusion caused by its current name.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply, in which you wrote:

>>                  An EID address is not an Identifier and an RLOC
>>                  address is not a Locator.  Both kinds of address
>>                  are like any IP address - they play the roles of
>>                  both Identifier and Locator.  ITRs use a different
>>                  algorithm for EID destination addresses.  All
>>                  other routers and all hosts make no distinction
>>                  between EID and RLOC addresses.
>
> Give up on the names and look at how things are used.  As to whether
> something "is" an identifier or not, the main question is NOT whether it
> is sometimes used by forwarding functions (forwarders already use
> anything and everything they want to make forwarding decisions), but
> whether its association with a particular endpoint (at some layer) is
> independent of changes in topology.

Both EID and RLOC addresses function as Identifiers - I am not
suggesting that an EID address doesn't.

I am suggesting that an EID address in the destination field also
acts as a routing Locator, since it is used in exactly the same way
as any other kind of address by all hosts and routers except ITRs.
ITRs use it as a routing locator too, but with a second algorithm
which uses the mapping system and tunneling.  I explained this in the