In einer eMail vom 11.03.2010 23:08:42 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
fred.l.temp...@boeing.com:

So, I  have to agree that LISP is not really achieving
a true locator/identifier  split. The LISP EID IMHO would
be more accurately renamed as "Endpoint  Interface
iDentifeir", and the LISP acronym itself seems a  bit
misleading.

Already long ago and also a couple of times I said that LISP is a two loose
 hops forwarding concept rather than a loc/id-split protocol. But not to
disqualify LISP (there are  other defficiencies). As a matter of fact LISP
tries to do something for routing - and not for separating IP and  TCP/UDP.

I wonder, that this is suddenly, a (big?) topic. No one responded  my
respective comments long ago.

Right now I consider this is as useless   shadow boxing.

Heiner