Charles,

What I think you're missing is that even though Custom Fields are /applied/ to Queues, the privileges to See/Modify/Admin them is /granted via Groups/. That means I could apply a CF to 3 different Queues and if I didn't grant any groups any rights to see/modify/admin that CF, then no one would even see that CF, let alone modify it, even though it /has been applied/. This is a good thing. For example. I may have 3 different groups with access to a Queue where the CF is applied. I may want one group to only see the CF, not modify a value in it or modify it's name or available values (given it is a "select value" type). I may want another group to actually modify (change the "selected" value in it) it for a given ticket and have another group of a few members Admin (add/modify values available for selection) the CF.
Does that make any sense? I hope I've been able to help you with this.

Kenn
LBNL

On 3/5/2010 9:18 AM, Charles-Noël Bouteville wrote:

Le 5 mars 2010 17:36, Jerrad Pierce <jpie...@cambridgeenergyalliance.org <mailto:jpie...@cambridgeenergyalliance.org>> a écrit :

    > each custom field rights by Roles. The Roles Rights on CF can
    only be
    > granted in Global way? So am i missing something ?
    The fact that CFs themselves may be selectively applied to queues?

Yes but in in a queue ?
For instance in queue1, the Cc can see CF1 and CF2 and the AdminCc see CF1, CF2, CF3 and can modified only CF1. Is that Possible ?
    > Second
    >     Can i set a filter on the right Showticket?
    > For instance, i would grant some user too see only tickets
    created by
    > someone who has XXXX in his mail where XXXX is match by a Regex ?
    No. Seems far outside the realm of general utility and a PITA.
    What you could do is create a scrip that checks your conditions
    and adds the individual in question as (squelched) requestor/cc
OnCreate.

Ok thank
    Alternatively, setup you groups and queues to match this mapping
     as best as possible.

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.

Commercial support: sa...@bestpractical.com

2010 RT Training Sessions!
San Francisco, CA, USA - Feb 22 & 23
Dublin, Ireland - Mar 15 & 16