Thomas,
That was all I needed to change. For some reason in my head LDAPHost was to (strictly) take the form of a FQDN. Thanks for your help:

Found new user *** to create in RT
Found...
... etc.

-Scott

On 4/9/2012 2:37 PM, Thomas Sibley wrote:
On 04/09/2012 02:25 PM, Scott Pestana wrote:
RT Gents,
     I'm having trouble setting up LDAPImport over LDAPS.  The README
with the package on CPAN details set up and includes "Hostname or
ldap(s):// uri" which suggests to me that secure transmission should
work.  I have settings in RT_SiteConfig.pm for Security, but I don't see
a specific flag for the Extension::LDAPImport package to set that secure
communication is requested.
Please show us your RT_SiteConfig.pm (with passwords redacted).

I suspect you have:

   Set($LDAPHost, 'ourldaps.linguamatics.com');

rather than what the doc suggests of:

   Set($LDAPHost, 'ldaps://ourldaps.linguamatics.com');

Thomas

--
N. Scott Pestana
IT Infrastructure