On Dec 5, 2016, at 12:21 PM, Stephen Switzer
<st...@sbsroc.com<mailto:st...@sbsroc.com>> wrote:

Please excuse the re-post, but I've made some progress today, and I think I
just need a tweak. I have the following code in "Custom action preparation
code":

my $groupname='Cust-Customer1';

# Load the custom group from RT
my $groupObj = RT::Group->new($RT::SystemUser);
$groupObj->LoadUserDefinedGroup($groupname);
return undef unless $groupObj;

#This worked
#my $admincclist = $self->TicketObj->AdminCc;
#$admincclist->AddMember($groupObj->Id);

#This doesn't work...
$self->TicketObj->AddWatcher(
  Type=>"Customer",
  PrincipalId=>$groupObj->Id
);
return 1;

Can anyone shed light on how to add a custom role member to a ticket on create?
If I uncomment the admincclist lines, I get it added to the AdminCC field...
but not the Customer custom role. I see no errors in the rt.log file, which is
set to warning.

Thank you!

I'm not sure exactly why it's not working but you could check out the return
value from $self->TicketObj->AddWatcher() and see if there's any useful
information in there since AddWatcher() returns a tuple of (status, message).

Untested code:

my $groupname='Cust-Customer1';

# Load the custom group from RT
my $groupObj = RT::Group->new($RT::SystemUser);
   $groupObj->LoadUserDefinedGroup($groupname);
return undef unless $groupObj;

#This worked
#my $admincclist = $self->TicketObj->AdminCc;
#$admincclist->AddMember($groupObj->Id);

#This doesn't work...
my ($status, $message) = $self->TicketObj->AddWatcher(
  Type        => "Customer",
  PrincipalId => $groupObj->Id
);
RT->Logger->warning("AddWatcher Status: $status");
RT->Logger->warning("AddWatcher Message: $message");
return 1;

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management

---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR training sessions, and a new workshop day!
https://bestpractical.com/training
* Los Angeles - January 9-11 2017