On Dec 9, 2016, at 2:06 PM, Alex Hall
<ah...@autodist.com<mailto:ah...@autodist.com>> wrote:

I thought the tool I had to run periodically was
/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-fulltext-indexer. That's the one guides tell me to run; the
setup tool seems to be the initial database adjustment tool, but once it runs
once, I thought I had to run the indexer every so often. The indexer is the
tool that refuses database credentials. Unless the guides on this are wrong,
and the setup one is the one I have to run with cron?

I haven't enabled Full Text searching in RT before but I have set it up in
MySQL for other uses.  From my experiences with MySQL I believe you setup the
indexes once only with the setup tool for RT and once they are setup there's no
need to 're-index' anything regularly with any crontab or anything.

Above all though - do this on a copy of your RT installation/database and make
sure it works before you potentially interrupt the flow of business in
production.

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management

---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR training sessions, and a new workshop day!
https://bestpractical.com/training
* Los Angeles - January 9-11 2017