I thought it would, but it doesn't seem to be. My db credentials must be
correct, because RT isn't complaining of any db problems, and is working fine.
Is it possible that there's a bug in 4.4.1 that causes this indexer to get
confused by the use of the RT_SiteConfig.d/* files? I use those instead of a
single .pm file. I'll have to try putting my database credentials in the actual
PM file later today, once I'm awake, to see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 10, 2016, at 03:47, Alex Vandiver <a...@chmrr.net> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 17:30:31 -0500
> Alex Hall <ah...@autodist.com> wrote:
>> What this file never says is how to tell the indexer tool how to connect to
>> the database. It clearly isn't pulling from the RT configuration, nor from
>> /home/www-data/rtrc.
>
> The indexer reads and uses the database configuration from
> your /opt/rt4/etc/RT_Config.pm and /opt/rt4/tec/RT_SiteConfig.pm
> files.  rtrc files are _only_ used by the "bin/rt" tool, which is meant
> to be run from other machines than your RT host.
>
> The rt-setup-fulltext-indexer wants to know your DBA username and
> password because it needs to create new tables and indexes, which the
> standard RT database user does not have permissions to do.  Once the
> index is set up, updates to the index are done as RT's standard
> database user.
>
> - Alex
---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR training sessions, and a new workshop day!
https://bestpractical.com/training
* Los Angeles - January 9-11 2017