From: rtgwg <rtgwg-boun...@ietf.org<mailto:rtgwg-boun...@ietf.org>> on behalf
of Chris Bowers <cbow...@juniper.net<mailto:cbow...@juniper.net>>
Date: Monday, January 18, 2016 at 1:38 PM
To: Mahesh Jethanandani
<mjethanand...@gmail.com<mailto:mjethanand...@gmail.com>>, "Nitish Gupta
(nitisgup)" <nitis...@cisco.com<mailto:nitis...@cisco.com>>
Cc: Jeff Haas <jh...@juniper.net<mailto:jh...@juniper.net>>,
"co...@doch.org.uk<mailto:co...@doch.org.uk>"
<co...@doch.org.uk<mailto:co...@doch.org.uk>>,
"rtg-bfd@ietf.org<mailto:rtg-bfd@ietf.org>"
<rtg-bfd@ietf.org<mailto:rtg-bfd@ietf.org>>, "Aditya Dogra (addogra)"
<addo...@cisco.com<mailto:addo...@cisco.com>>, Routing WG
<rt...@ietf.org<mailto:rt...@ietf.org>>
Subject: RE: New Version Notification for draft-nitish-vrrp-bfd-02.txt

Mahesh,

As I understand it, the authors eventually want this draft to be adopted by the
RTGWG.  This makes sense because it includes VRRP protocol extensions, so it
would normally go to the VRRP WG.   Since the VRRP WG is concluded, the RTGWG
is a reasonable place to do this work.

One might also consider doing this work in the BFD WG to take advantage of the
concentration of BFD expertise there.  However, since the main content of the
document deals with VRRP behavior and defining a new VRRP packet type, it seems
like it might be a diversion from the main work of the BFD WG.

If the RTGWG does adopt the draft, the name of the adopted draft should start
with draft-ietf-rtgwg (as you point out, following RFC7221).

As an individual submission at this point, there are no hard requirements on
the name of the draft, except that it not start with draft-ietf.  However, when
authors are submitting drafts that they intend to eventually be considered for
adoption by the RTGWG, it is quite useful to name them
draft-authorname-rtgwg-yyyy, so that they automatically show up at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/rtgwg/documents/ at the bottom under the header
of “Related Internet-Drafts”.

Thanks,
Chris