David,
 Well I'm not sure specifically what you'd like to know, so here's a little
primer...

SourceFolderRoot and SourceFolder map one-to-one to JDT's
PackageFragmentRoot and PackageFragment (though our name gives a better idea
of what they are). SourceFolderRoot is exactly that: the folder in the
project whose contents hold ruby scripts. By default this is the project's
folder, and this element is tied very closely to loadpaths. It's where RDT
should begin traversing the filesystem looking for scripts. Every child
folder is a SourceFolder element. Our restrictions on namespacing in Ruby
are much different from java's so there shouldn't be any enforcement about
type names and their position in the folder hierarchy.
An external library could be represented as a SourceFolderRoot linked to an
external folder structure (outside the actual project), and this should be
how we'd implement linking back to Ruby core/std libraries.(The JDT has
JarPackageFragmentRoots, we'd just have ExternalSourceFolderRoots).

Having this structure would also make it easier for us to narrow our
searching under the hood. Obviously Ruby is dynamic so we'd want to drop
back to exhaustive searches for many things to cover our bases, but we can
now search the loadpaths properly (grab the SourceFodlerRoot that matches
the loadpath and then go down the SourceFolder hierarchy that matches the
filepath in our require strings).