I think it might also be important to note that the guides don't intend to
be exhaustive reference or a cookbook, but a high level guide to what the
framework provides for customization and where to look next.

The version is the current stable version as a default with previous
versions still available via the path,
eg https://guides.rubyonrails.org/v4.2/