On Wed, 25 Aug 2021, Steffen Nurpmeso steffen-at-sdaoden.eu |s-nail| wrote:

 s-nail: IMAP error: Server shutting down.
 (continue)
 s-nail: There are messages in the error ring, manageable via `errors' command

Ok, that's a different error message from the one we get, which is

s-nail: IMAP write error: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

Again, I ask what process are you sending the kill -ALRM signal to? The s-nail process? When I do that it has no effect at all. I can quit the editor and get no IMAP error. I only get "my" IMAP error by waiting for a sufficiently long time, where "sufficiently long" varies.

Stephen Isard