--- In [email protected], Bob Werre <b...@...> wrote:
>
> I scrounged around for some Hobbytown parts I've had for a long time as I 
> wait for my new order to arrive.  I had most of the parts <skip> ...

Bob:
Go to NWSL and order U-joint #'s 486-6 and 490-6.  One press fits perfectly a 
3.0mm shaft and the other I drill to 2.9mm (with NWSL HSS Drill part #2290-5) 
and press fit to the other shaft.  Cut and fit the dog bone and you're done.  
I've redone six FA's this way with great results.

As far as gears go, my personal experience has been the more used,  cleaned and 
properly lubricated, the longer they will last.  The FA's were imported 25 
years ago (1985).  The models I have run consistently through the years give me 
far less trouble than items I reef out of the boxes following 20+ years of 
storage.  In my younger "gear head" days, the motto was: "beat it - break it - 
repair it".  In a form tempered by many intervening years, that motto can still 
apply... <G>  

Jim Kindraka



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to