In Montreal, I think

Lee Rainey

 


Did Alco have a steam loco Canadian Plant.  I seem to remember something.       
               John Armstrong

 

 


 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: John <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sat, Jan 1, 2011 5:01 pm
Subject: Re: {S-Scale List} Vintage steam engine


  
    
                  
Did Alco have a steam loco Canadian Plant.  I seem to remember something.       
               John Armstrong
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: scale S only 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2011 4:39 PM
  Subject: Re: {S-Scale List} Vintage steam engine

Happy new year Bob --

I was fortunate to get a last chance tour of Alco Schenectady while they 
  were still building the Centuries (spring 1967). There were not many of 
  the old, big machines still left, but there were a few including huge 
  rollers. They were still cutting heavy sheet steel on gang torch cutting 
  tables, such things as drop equalizers for the loco trucks. Other than 
  the noise, I wish I could have gone through Baldwin or Alco or Lima in their 
  steam days...

Have fun!
  Bill Winans
  in cool (-2 degrees this morning) Prescott Valley, AZ

I have to admit, though, that just as interesting as the machines these MEN 
  built is the machinery they built them WITH!
  Bob Nicholson __________________________________________ 

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature 
database 5747 (20101230) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature 
database 5747 (20101230) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


    
             

  
 


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/S-Scale/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to