Hi Riku,

On Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 2:55:11 AM UTC-5, Riku Bister wrote:

> We need find now where we can do a retry on HMAC, it is totally random,
> and when that comes first time the filesystem becames read only, *after
> first HMAC message comes there cannot be written on filesystem* until run
> fsck and remount it.

I haven't seen this error in my usage - it may be worth creating a new
filesystem to verify if the problem is actually a file transfer issue or an
issue with your existing filesystem.

Also, you seem to be getting much more frequent communication errors than
I've experienced - do you have acd_cli configured to retry on errors?
 Here's my config but to avoid derailing the thread refer to acd_cli
support for this aspect:

acd_client.ini:
[transfer]
fs_chunk_size = 1310720
chunk_retries = 5
connection_timeout = 10
idle_timeout = 20

fuse.ini:
[read]
open_chunk_limit = 500
timeout = 10

> *Also there is another crash came 70 OSerror but this is releated on
> mount.py or something else*
> [...]
>   File "/root/s3ql/s3ql-2.21_modattu/src/s3ql/backends/comprenc.py", line
> 549, in _read_and_decrypt
>     buf = self.fh.read(size)
> OSError: [Errno 70] Communication error on send

I ran across this as well and added a retry to comprenc.py.  The error
hasn't show up again so for now this hack (and really, these are crude
hacks) isn't tested - I've committed the changes at:
 https://bitbucket.org/taligentx/s3ql

Hope this helps,
Nikhil