William Stein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've posted sage-2.5 alpha 2 at

Did I miss alpha 1 or did you not announce it publically?

> I haven't tried building on cygwin yet.  Feedback welcome.

I am currently building on cygwin. It is still building, but I need
the following two patches:

http://fsmath.mathematik.uni-dortmund.de/~mabshoff/patches/sage-2.5.0-alpha2-fix-gdmodule-on-cygwin.patch

This one fixes the detection code in spkg-install for cygwin and also
adds fontconfig to the lists of libraries for cygwin.

http://fsmath.mathematik.uni-dortmund.de/~mabshoff/patches/sage-2.5.0-alpha2-fix-sqlite-on-cygwin.patch

Uncomments two lines in Makefile.in - I didn't test that one on other
platforms, but it should work. This way we avoid building sqlite3.c,
which is only needed for tcl (which we disable anyway)

I will update you once I am done with the tests or run into another
problem that I cannot fix.

Cheers,

Michael